Kevin Hart Confirms He Will Not Reconsider Hosting Oscars: ‘I'm Done!’

WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres really wants Kevin Hart to host the Oscars

In an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", released on Friday, DeGeneres said she recently called the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to advocate for Hart.

"Yo if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice 'stop that's gay.'"
"Let me assess, just to sit in the space and really think and you and I will talk before anything else". "Either my apology is accepted, or it isn't", Hart said.

In December, Hart said he was stepping down from hosting the Oscars and wanted to "sincerely apologize to the LGBT community for my insensitive words from my past". "I know he doesn't need to, and that's one of the reasons I commended the stance he took".

"This is to damage the lives that have been invested in me", he asserted.

In a third segment with Hart - in which he still hasn't talked about LGBTQ young people who have been rejected, abused, and killed by their parents - he said that he would consider doing the Oscars. "Because that was wrong". You'll recall that soon after Hart was announced as the Oscars host, the comedian's well-chronicled past homophobic jokes resurfaced. "And I believe in Kevin Hart", DeGeneres wrote on Twitter Friday.

The Academy apparently asked Hart to publicly apologize, but he initially refused.

DeGeneres, who is openly gay, tweeted a clip from the interview in which Hart again apologised for the tweets, but said he did not want the Academy Awards to be about him. "The conversation is about Kevin Hart's tweets from 10 years ago and homophobia".

"When I go on that stage, it will be because I've somehow figured out a way to win the Oscar", he added. Should he reconsider hosting the Oscars?

The abrupt decision has shocked many, considering it was the Academy's idea to have Kevin in the first place, then they chose not to have him due to old tweets that angered a small but very vocal minority. Twitter users didn't have to comb through "40,000 tweets" worth of content to find Hart's homophobic jokes as Hart insists.

"Once he demonstrates a greater awareness of why his comments hurt the LGBTQ community, we can start talking about forgiveness and the possibility of Hart hosting the Oscars again". "I understand that. I know that", he said.

"The academy is saying, 'What can we do to make this happen?'", she said.

Hart did not say whether he would host the Oscars or not, but he told Ellen that he was evaluating the situation. "I don't want you to have to wait, so now it's gonna air tomorrow". "Either I can move forward, or I can't".

In his historic tweets, Hart called gay people "fags", as well as using the term "gay" in a derogatory way, and mocked lesbians.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Flu Activity Increasing in Iowa, First Flu-Related Death Reported
Jan 05, 2019 - 05:58
So far in Minnesota's 2018-19 flu season, there have been 116 hospitalizations and four deaths in total. He said it was not too late to get the flu vaccine and urged vulnerable people in particular to get it.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Netflix Issues Warning Over After "Bird Box" Challenge Goes Viral
Jan 03, 2019 - 06:27
Note that Netflix didn't try to discourage people from engaging in the #BirdBoxChallenge - only to be careful. As you'd expect, wearing a blindfold while walking down the street or through the woods can be problematic.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'Sand and death': Donald Trump summarises Syria
Jan 03, 2019 - 06:25
However, Trump modified that decision, following a December 26 visit to Iraq, where he was briefed by USA commanders, as Sen. "... After two hours, he emerged, saying Trump "understands the need to finish the job".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'Stranger Things' Season 3 to premiere on July 4
Jan 03, 2019 - 00:21
In addition to the artwork and release date, fans were also treated to a creepy new New Year's Eve-themed mini-trailer. The season's production was announced in March past year , five months after the premiere of season two.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cops grieve 'Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' lost in NYE truck fire: 'No words'
Jan 03, 2019 - 00:09
The driver of the Krispy Kreme donut truck noticed smoke billowing from his vehicle in south-east Lexington on New Year's Eve. Police departments from across the country, including MA , reached out to express their condolences. 'We feel your loss.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Russian Federation apartment blast kills at least seven, dozens missing
Jan 01, 2019 - 16:37
Shuhrat Ulfatov, 26, was found unconscious and hospitalized after spending more than six hours under the debris in freezing cold. Some 110 people lived in the building, said the RIA news agency, citing the emergencies ministry.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Novak Djokovic Praises Younger Players
Jan 01, 2019 - 15:24
I think it was the best match point I've ever played! I was happy with my game tonight and I can leave with a ton of positives.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sandra Bullock's New Netflix Movie Inspires People To Take 'Bird Box' Challenge
Jan 01, 2019 - 14:28
Also, Netflix pointed out that the number of people watching could be significantly higher, as many people watch shows together. Plenty of folks share Netflix accounts , so some of those Bird Box viewings may be by more than one person at once.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Warriors G Patrick McCaw Signing Offer Sheet With Cavaliers
Jan 01, 2019 - 12:29
Signing McCaw would also fill the 15th spot on the Warriors roster with DeMarcus Cousins nearing a return. McCaw can not get traded this season once his contract becomes guaranteed after January 7th.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Manchester City title defence 'almost impossible' without beating Liverpool - Guardiola
Jan 01, 2019 - 11:16
Pep Guardiola's men regained the lead in the 45th minute, when Raheem Sterling's cut-back pass was deflected against a defender, and went in.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Chinese court orders new trial for Canadian in drug trafficking case
Jan 01, 2019 - 10:14
A Dalian government news portal said this week Schellenberg had smuggled "an enormous amount of drugs" into China. Four other Japanese were executed in China in 2010 for drugs offences.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top EPA proposes making it harder to limit mercury emissions
Dec 31, 2018 - 17:17
Therefore the new EPA analysis states the health benefits of mercury reduction lies between $4 million and $6 million. It took 21 years before the EPA finalized the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for coal-fired power plants.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top India march to brink of victory in Melbourne Test
Dec 31, 2018 - 16:29
Then Australia's bad top-order batting in the 137-run loss showed how badly they miss Smith and Warner. Finch is a really good player and he is working harder probably than he has ever worked.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Snow falling across Northland as winter storm moves in
Dec 31, 2018 - 14:43
National Weather Service (NWS) officials in Minnesota cautioned that roads in the upper Midwestern state were cloaked in snow. But the storm system is not over and done with as it predicts to bring heavy rain further East on Friday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top FA Minister: Syria's return to the Arab League needs Arab consensus
Dec 31, 2018 - 11:10
It noted that both Syria and Egypt aim to reactivate the Syrian-Egyptian relations first and the Arab relations in general. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are leading regional efforts to counter what they see as Iran's growing influence in the region.