DJ Swearinger ignored instructions to stop criticizing coaches

Ten highlights from D.J. Swearinger interview after revealing he was released by the Redskins

Two days after the Redskins surprisingly released him, safety D.J. Swearinger says he has learned his lesson. "I ain't the coach", Swearinger said two weeks ago after a 40-16 loss to the Giants. The hard-hitting safety reportedly was claimed off waivers by the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

"I voice my frustrations every single time I come off the field", Swearinger said. "We are our best on defense when we look at the quarterback".

"I'm quite disappointed to be honest with you", Gruden said. You put the camera in my face after we lose a game that we're supposed to go to the playoffs, I may say some things that I shouldn't' say. "That's on me. I got to control that and be better at that".

Swearinger early in the day told a radio station in Washington D.C. he'd been cut with one game remaining in the regular season. Swearinger to find a new team.

In the present, the Cardinals sit atop of the National Football League waiver wire with a 3-12 record. The team could have suspended him for the finale and tried to get anything for him during the offseason.

Swearinger had a team-leading four interceptions this season.

In Arizona, he'll be joining a stop unit that's in need plenty of help, as evidenced by its averages of 26.5 points and 363.3 total yards surrendered per contest, 27th and 19th in the National Football League, respectively, heading into the last week of the regular season.

Wilks might not be the coach past this weekend, but Swearinger is planning to stay. Of Course I Made My Decision Because I Wanted To Play For My Idol's Team And Fulfill His Legacy And Mines!

"I'm peaceful about it", Swearinger said on 106.7 The Fan. "I don't know him personally, but I like his play, having scouted him and going against him". Just love the frickin' game.

Josh Rosen is no doubt the Cardinals' quarterback of the future. "He would quickly understand that and if he has an issue, that's where that accountability comes in, players and coaches".

"I can only control what I can control", he said.

Rosen added he'd not been asked by Cardinals higher-ups to share that opinion with them to this point. "It's kind of useless to comment".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump praises Treasury Secretary Mnuchin but hits Fed again on rate rises
Dec 27, 2018 - 11:25
Trump shifted his criticism again to the Fed, saying it "raised the interest rates too fast, that's my opinion". US stocks edged up on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 .SPX up 0.2 percent in late morning trading.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump, annoyed by resignation letter, pushes out Mattis early
Dec 27, 2018 - 10:29
In typical fashion, Trump said Saturday that the media was treating him unfairly over the Syria withdrawal decision. In this file photo taken on January 6, 2018 U.S.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump signals no end to shutdown: 'You have to have a wall'
Dec 27, 2018 - 08:11
They pointed to problems beyond the shutdown, including heavy losses on Wall Street and Trump's decision to fire his defense secretary.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Israel to hold early elections in April
Dec 25, 2018 - 12:46
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan responded to Netanyahu's tweet , saying Israeli prime minister is heading "state terror". Elections originally were scheduled for November 2019, but no Israeli coalition in the past 30 years has served out its term.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Chelsea begin talks to sign Nabil Fekir from Lyon
Dec 25, 2018 - 12:30
According to Marca , the Spanish giants have been given the opportunity to snap up his services with a Lyon exit looming. Real Madrid's interest in the player has been reignited after Fekir's impressive performances in the Champions League.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Shaw 'can't see why' Manchester United won't finish in the top four
Dec 25, 2018 - 11:43
He's the boss and if there's anyone who can give me proper advice - not my team-mates! - that's him. I know I'm getting older, but my life has just turned out a different way after I retired.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Here's what's closed for the holidays
Dec 25, 2018 - 10:12
Here are the opening times of the pharmacies in Leamington, Warwick and Kenilworth over the Christmas and New Year holidays. GO Transit and UP Express will offer free service on New Year's Eve after 7 p.m. and additional late-night train service.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Late hit on Bears' Trubisky sparks brawl with 49ers
Dec 25, 2018 - 10:04
The Bears stopped the 49ers on a late attempt at a scoring drive to hold on for a 14-9 victory Sunday afternoon at Levi's Stadium. The 49ers never found the end zone, with former Bears kicker Robbie Gould going 3-for-3 on field goals for their only points.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Real bags 3rd straight Club World Cup
Dec 25, 2018 - 03:11
Gonzalo Martinez scored twice on what is expected to be his final appearance before joining MLS champions Atlanta United. Marcos Llorente doubled the European champions' lead on the hour-mark with a superb volley from outside the area.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ruth Bader Ginsburg Undergoes Lung Cancer Growth Removal
Dec 22, 2018 - 18:30
If she were unable to continue serving, Trump could replace her with a conservative, further shifting the court to the right. Supreme Court in 1993 by President Bill Clinton . " Pancreatic cancer can spread virtually anywhere", says Horovitz.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump agitating for major military withdrawal from Afghanistan, advisers say
Dec 22, 2018 - 14:43
USA forces have been leading a Kurdish-formed coalition to fight Islamic State militants in the war-torn nation. Officials said the latest White House push for withdrawal was another key factor in Mattis' decision to resign.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Dodgers Trading Yasiel Puig, Matt Kemp and Alex Wood to Reds
Dec 22, 2018 - 14:27
This means the Dodgers are saving closer to $18 million than $24 million on their payroll. The trade will open up room under the luxury-tax threshold for the Dodgers.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top DHS Secretary: From Now on Illegal Aliens Will Be Deported to Mexico
Dec 22, 2018 - 07:46
Almost 100,000 immigrants requested initial asylum screenings during the fiscal year ending in September, according to U.S. Release is the process in which asylum seekers are released into the US with an ankle monitor until a later court hearing.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Republicans and Democrats alarmed over Mattis resignation
Dec 22, 2018 - 00:04
The president made promises during his campaign to stop expending money and lives on foreign wars to rebuild the United States. He also reportedly resisted Trump's impulses to call a strike on North Korea and assassinate Syrian President Bashar al Assad.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Donald Trump threatens 'very long' US government shutdown
Dec 21, 2018 - 23:59
The measure would keep the government open until February and does not include funding for Trump's $5 billion border wall . In 2017, Senate Republicans "went nuclear" to sidestep a Democratic filibuster and confirm conservative U.S.